Windows 7 x64 gets BSOD during booting

Get help with using EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, merbleue, zhihui

Windows 7 x64 gets BSOD during booting

Postby Spektakulum » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello,

I installed the Partition Master 9.1 version on my Win7x64. After applying changes, I let the system reboot.
Now, the Windows7 loading screen appears, then a "DOS-like" screen appears for a part of a second, and the system starts again.

Safe mode doesn't work either. Any chance I can prevent the tool from booting? :shock: On my XP-installation, all data seems still to be there, so it would help if I know which file to manipulate to stop it. :roll:
Last edited by Spektakulum on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spektakulum

Re: Windows 7 always reboots when working screen appears

Postby Rolo42 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

Spektakulum wrote:I installed the Partition Master 9.1 version on my Win7x64. After applying changes,

What changes? Just installing it or did you use it to make changes to your partitions? If the latter, what changes?
Don't Panic!
Win7x64 Pro, i5-2500K 4.2GHz, Zalman 9900MAX, Mushkin 8GB DDR3-2133, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580@833, Crucial m4 128GB SSD, WD 2TB FAEX, Seagate 2TB Green, 500GB 7200.10, Enermax Evo 1250W, APC RS1500, Antec 1200, Fire Engine Red Swingline 747
Rolo42
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Spektakulum » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 am

Hi Rolo42,

I told the program to resize two partitions. After then, it told me that I need to reboot to start the actions - so I did.
Boot process of Windows 7 starts, but after I notice that the monitor switches resolution, it resets and the boot process starts again and again.
Spektakulum

Postby Spektakulum » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:09 am

I disabled the restart on error at the F8-menu of windows - during booting I get a blue screen with a STOP-message.
Spektakulum

Postby Rolo42 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 am

What exactly did you change and what was the STOP error?

You could try the Windows boot CD to repair boot process.
Don't Panic!
Win7x64 Pro, i5-2500K 4.2GHz, Zalman 9900MAX, Mushkin 8GB DDR3-2133, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580@833, Crucial m4 128GB SSD, WD 2TB FAEX, Seagate 2TB Green, 500GB 7200.10, Enermax Evo 1250W, APC RS1500, Antec 1200, Fire Engine Red Swingline 747
Rolo42
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Nvidia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 am

Dear Spektakulum,

Do you refer to <EaseUS Partition Master Boot Mode Operation: "The operation will start in x seconds. You could press any key to abort!"> about the dos-like screen? If you saw this message, but our product failed to execute the operation, please create a TXT file named “EpmStart” under “C:\WINDOWS”, and then try again.

But if this is not your case, please give us more details about the dos-like screen. If you can take a photo about it, that will be much help for analyzing the error.

And how did you disable restart in F8 menu? Have you seen any code or related files on the BSOD screen?
Heath
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Nvidia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Spektakulum » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Dear Nvidia,

taking a photo was a good idea - I made a video as the STOP-message of windows appears only for a very short time.
So I get a BSOD, nothing from the partition manager itself.

In the F8-menu of windows there is an option like "disable restart on errors" - as I'm working with a german version, I can't tell you what it says exactly in the english version.

Unfortunately its just a STOP 0x000... message without any related files.
Repairing windows with the win7-cd didn't work either.

My harddisk is partioned like this:

C: win7
D: winxp
E:data
F:data
G:data
H:data

Also there is a second harddisk with drive letters X and Y. I unplugged it for now, but this didn't help either. My last backup of the system drive is from april 2011, I fear I'll have to take this one. :shock:

Only thing I made with the partition manager is making space in front of drive D:, and extending space on drive C: Then I pressed apply and let the system restart. Seems like the partition manager didn't had the chance to resize anything, but somehow It just won't let me boot anymore. :cry:
Spektakulum

Re: Windows 7 x64 gets BSOD during booting

Postby Da-Boa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 am

Dear Spektakulum,

The stop error you provide is not complete, we suggest you refer to the link to check the exact error code and find some solution for it.
http://www.winvistaclub.com/t3.html
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby Rolo42 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 am

What are the last two digits of the STOP code?

You can still post a screenshot; I can muddle through German.
Don't Panic!
Rolo42
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Spektakulum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks for trying to help - I restored the C: partition with an backup I had from July 2011. At least everything works now. I won't give the program a second try though.

Partitioning it with DiskDirector 10.0 under my XP installation worked fine then.
Spektakulum

Postby M.Mao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Dear Spektakulum,

It's good news that you have solved the issue.

We will carefully analyze the problem and find the key about it, then try to improve our product.
Mark
EaseUS Support Team
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby montu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello,

I have exact the same problem as Spektakulum.

This happend to me:

I take a new HDD with 2 TB in my system an install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
During the installation I told Windows 7 to create a 500 GB partition.
Installation runs without any problems. And after I do all the available updates and installed additional software.
Everything is fine.
Now I want to use the unallocated space of my HDD. For this I start EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1.
When I started EPM I saw that I have two partitions.
One small with 100MB and without a drive letter and than the big 500 GB with drive letter C:

I decide to build two more logical drives with around 600 GB and 700 GB.
I don't give drive letters to the new logical drives because I want that windows 7 do this at the next start.
When EPM is has finished I restarted my PC and run in a BSOD.
Because my PC started directly new I can't read the stop number of the BSOD.

It seems that EPM assign the drive letter C: to the small partition and my 500 GB get a new one.
This is curious because I'm shure that I don't tell EPM to assign new drive letters.

Can I remove the drive letter C: from the small 100 MB partition and assign it back to the 500 GB?
Or is there any other way to get back the right drive letters and my Windows 7 to work?
montu

Postby Da-Boa » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Dear montu,

If you create partitions with our product , the product will finish the operations without restart the machine.
If you restart the computer manually, the product would not run and change the drive letters during the restarting.

Besides, you don't assign drive letters for the partitions, it will not assign the drive letters automatically.

In your case, we suggest you use the windows system installation disc to fix the system. You can refer to the link:
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/12/17/how- ... tallation/
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby montu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello Da-Boa,

thanks for your reply.

I don't say that EPM told me to restart.

When EPM finished his work I only see drive C: in the windows explorer.
I think that the two logical drives get her letter on her first start with Windows 7 and so I decide to make a restart.

But I don't told either EPM nor WIndows 7 to assign a drive letter to the the small system reserved partition.

I'm wondering how this can be done.

Thank for your repair instructions, but it fails when the small partition has a drive letter.
montu

Postby Da-Boa » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Dear montu,

We think it would not assign drive letter to the preserved partition. Our product would not run during the restarting if there is no pending operations. So it would not do any changes to your drive.

You can connect the drive to another computer, and remove the drive letter of the preserved partition. And then change the drive letter of the system partition to the drive letter of the preserved partition. Then you can contact the drive to the original computer and try to fix it again with the Windows installation disc.
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Next

Return to EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)