Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso - Not working ?

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso - Not working ?

Postby WarlockWeary » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Just tried to make a Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso

I used the instructions from here ..
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/fea ... e-disk.htm

1. I installed windows alk 3.0 from the download link - rebooted
2. I selected Select to create rescue disk. - I picked my HD e:\
3. It started to make the iso .. then it tried to export it to my HD e:\ - but says failed to export it ..
4. tryed agin and this time said it did export it .. made a Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso on my HD e:\
5. burned it to a dvd\
6. rebooted with dvd in .. it didnt boot from cd ?

The linux Iso Boots from cd fine ..
Is the Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso a bootable CD ?
Or what is it used for and how do i use it ??
Attachments
iso.jpg
iso.jpg (90.14 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
fail.jpg
fail.jpg (103.46 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
Always Remember .. Never forget .. BACK IT UP!
WarlockWeary

Re: Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso - Not working ?

Postby tgell » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:52 pm

If you burn Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso with Imgburn at a speed not higher than 4X, does that help. I have used Imgburn and it would work where other burner software would fail.
tgell

Postby WarlockWeary » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 am

tgell wrote:If you burn Todo_Backup_WINPE.iso with Imgburn at a speed not higher than 4X, does that help. I have used Imgburn and it would work where other burner software would fail.

yeap .. i used Imgburn to burn the iso .. and windows 7 built in burner softwear .. both cd's refuse to boot :(

I think there is something wrong with the build process of 4.0 .. because as the picuture of winrar shows there is no INITRD.IMG or bzimage like the linux boot disk has?
Not sure if its needed .. but the linux boot 4.0 made works fine.
WarlockWeary

Postby tgell » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 am

Try burning to a CD instead of a DVD if you have a disk.

If that does not work try this.
Run todo from an admin account. Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator. Export the iso to C:\.

There may be a possibility where the WinPE disk does not have the right drivers for your computer. Easeus support would have to confirm that.

I believe INITRD.IMG only relates to booting linux. You might want to try using the USB option to see if that works.
tgell

Postby Nvidia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:49 am

Dear WarlockWeary,

Yes, as tgell suggested. You may also try to export the ISO file to another location, and then burn it on CD or a USB device instead. But if the problem remains, please send us the following details for further analysis.

1. The exact phenomenon you cannot boot from the created WinPE bootable disk, can you see Windows 7 splash screen, or which step you can achieve?
2. Please compress the two files 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog' and send them to us, you can find them under the 'bin' folder in the installation directory of EaseUS Todo Backup. Please send it to our support emai:support@todo-backup.com, and attach the URL of this post.
Heath
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Nvidia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby WarlockWeary » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:02 am

Nvidia wrote:Dear WarlockWeary,

Yes, as tgell suggested. You may also try to export the ISO file to another location, and then burn it on CD or a USB device instead. But if the problem remains, please send us the following details for further analysis.

1. The exact phenomenon you cannot boot from the created WinPE bootable disk, can you see Windows 7 splash screen, or which step you can achieve?
2. Please compress the two files 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog' and send them to us, you can find them under the 'bin' folder in the installation directory of EaseUS Todo Backup. Please send it to our support emai:support@todo-backup.com, and attach the URL of this post.

No .. the boot disk does not work at all ... I have tried several times .. it just skips it like it not there .. and boots directly into windows
As I said .. the Linux ver boots fine .. I have attached the log files.
Attachments
logs.zip
(220.97 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
WarlockWeary

Postby Nvidia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:09 am

Dear WarlockWeary,

Please ensure you have the same BIOS setting when separately boot from WinPE and Linux bootable disk.

Besides, you can enable Pre-OS to have a try, which nearly has the same feature and effect as WinPE bootable disk. You will find the button under Tools category under Home page, there should be a boot menu after this feature enabled. Please have a try and let us know the result.
Heath
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Nvidia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)