Locked File Backup

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Re: Locked File Backup

Postby fortunewill » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Dear Paulie,

We are trying to help you. But can you tell us your purchase info, please send us through Email. We didn't get your mail after our last reply.
And we need to know what your problem is so we could help. Thank you for your cooperation.
Claudio
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
fortunewill
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Paulie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:12 am

OK, so I bought this product and have yet been unable to actually make any kind of backup with it. I cannot DELETE previous unsuccessful backups on my BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE external hard drive, and since running your software it will not even allow me to reformat it. I have lost many hours, apparently my new hard drive, plus the cost of your lousy and poorly documented software. You have been unresponsive via e-mail and I am thinking that this is a huge scam. My only option is to put my credit card charge in dispute and to post Internet warnings everywhere that I can think of.

Follow-up:

My brand new hard drive just CRASHED while trying to run your software AGAIN. The Order ID for the refund: (sent via e-mail) - OR, maybe you could provide software that actually WORKS, or is documented in comprehensible ENGLISH (the language in which the money paid was made)?

I wish that your product had performed as promised, and had not been a complete disappointing fraud.

WARNING TO OTHERS - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paulie

Postby Paulie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Apparently I cannot back up a 70 meg drive onto a 250 meg external hard drive (unavailable space) - please advise regarding my refund - I smell a fraud here.
Paulie

Postby fortunewill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Dear Paulie,

We are sorry for your trouble. We will try our best to improve.
Your refund request has been sent to our Sales Department, they will contact you soon.
Claudio
EaseUS Support Team
fortunewill
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Paulie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:49 am

OK, so no refund and now even the free version will not work (it says that my new empty hard drive is full) - please explain. Is this a complete scam or what?
Paulie

Postby Paulie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:12 am

Quick follow-up - OK, so I've spent a couple of hundred bucks US American dollars on a new multi-terabyte drive, and after using your software several times I can no longer do anything with my brand new drive. I cannot re-format it, it will not allow me to delete the backups your software supposedly created, create updates, or anything else. It appears that my new hard drive has been destroyed by your software. Please advise.
Paulie

Postby Paulie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:37 am

OK, just finished another conversation with my lawyer - she happens to also be my wife, luckily also a federal attorney - well, never mind right now. Anyway, so, your defective product has damaged my property, no support, no refund, possibly a major fraud here. Any suggestions? My preference is proving that your product actually functions as promised, your choice.
Paulie

Postby Zig » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:42 am

Paulie,

Go home. You're not interested in a solution, just in your rant.

Zig
Zig

Postby Da-Boa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

Dear Paulie,

Sorry for the problem.
We have refunded the money to you. Please check it.

Besides, our product would not damaged the hard drive. We think the backup image files were in used by our product, so you cannot delete the image files ans format the drive. You can disconnect the drive and try to delete and format on other machine.
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby asker0710 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 am

I too do not think that Easeus Todo Backup does cause that kind of troubles, technically and with regard to the credit card. That does not make sense and is not credible. But -- could Original Poster please give the brand and model of this external hard disk.

Peter.
asker0710
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Paulie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:33 pm

STILL trying to actually make use of this software, now using version 5.8 (started with 5.3). It just crashed again during yet another clone attempt on a brand new Windows 7 Pro machine, yet again no tech support and no clues about why this has never actually worked for me. This time it produced a zipped error report and offered to e-mail it, which also failed (apparently a bogus e-mail address was imbedded in the software). I managed to retrieve the zipped file and sent it along to tech no-support, but they appeared to be absolutely clueless. I'm betting that version 15 will be along shortly, available at modest cost, of course.
Paulie

Re: Cloning on a brand new Windows 7 pro

Postby asker0710 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Paulie wrote:STILL trying to actually make use of this software, now using version 5.8 (started with 5.3). It just crashed again during yet another clone attempt on a brand new Windows 7 Pro machine, yet again no tech support and no clues about why this has never actually worked for me. This time it produced a zipped error report and offered to e-mail it, which also failed (apparently a bogus e-mail address was imbedded in the software). I managed to retrieve the zipped file and sent it along to tech no-support, but they appeared to be absolutely clueless. I'm betting that version 15 will be along shortly, available at modest cost, of course.

Paulie,

you write that "Cloning" does not work. Can you describe more precisely what are the properties of the clone source, and what did you clone, maybe even with screen dump of the Clone pane.

It could as a first sight be that the source of your cloning attempt has a badly damaged file system or is in other ways very unusual.

On a Windows 7 Pro, out of the box, TBdefinitely works perfectly. Including cloning of what has been produced by that Windows 7 Pro.

Peter.
asker0710
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)