Find some partition error, HELP me please :)

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Find some partition error, HELP me please :)

Postby JReason1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm

I created a partition because i wanted to dual boot. This resulted in my disk changing to dynamic!!

i have tons of data on my laptop and don't really know how to back all of it up.

EaseUS Partion manager keeps giving me the same error when i try to convert back to basic. "Find some partition error, continue this operation might cause boot failure and data loss, are you sure to proceed?"

I don't know what to do, I have defragmented the disk and spent hours error-checking.

Please help me,

Thanks
JReason1

Re: Find some partition error, HELP me please :)

Postby asker0710 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:51 pm

JReason1 wrote:I created a partition because i wanted to dual boot. This resulted in my disk changing to dynamic!!

i have tons of data on my laptop and don't really know how to back all of it up.

EaseUS Partion manager keeps giving me the same error when i try to convert back to basic. "Find some partition error, continue this operation might cause boot failure and data loss, are you sure to proceed?"

I don't know what to do, I have defragmented the disk and spent hours error-checking.

Please help me,

Thanks

I can give you partial answers.

- because it is a laptop, it should not have made the disk dynamic anyway. How did you create the partition, how did you make dual boot? Dynamic disks are not supported on laptop, afak.

- you are referring Partition Manager, in this backup subforum? Why exactly?

- I suggest you do a file backup, at least you have then your data for safe, although not the system. File Backup should be independent of the disk format (basic, dynamic).

- I suggest you use the built-in Windows Backup and Restore (Control Panel) and Create a System Image (command is in the left pane) for backup of the "System". Do also a system restore CD (the other command in the left pane, I'm unsure about is english wording).
asker0710
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Find some partition error, HELP me please :)

Postby Da-Boa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Dear JReason1,

Could your machine work fine now?
Did you encounter any error message when backing up with Easeus Todo Backup? There is no problem to backup dynamic disk with our product.

For the EaseUS Partition Master, it is probably that the error checking during the operation in our product is stricter than Windows. So Windows ignored the small error but our product didn't. Please notice that the 'Check partition' function is based on Windows error checking.

In order to solve this problem, we suggest you download the file attached in this email, and change its file extension from '.txt' to '.ini'. Then please save it to the 'bin' folder of EaseUS Partition Master Installation directory. After that, please run our product and do same operation.

If you encounter same error, please close program and enter the 'bin' folder again, find 'LogMsg.txt' and send it to us for better analysis. Please send to our support email box: support@partition-tool.com
Attachments
WinChkDsk.zip
(153 Bytes) Downloaded 425 times
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)