Format exFat to NTFS problem 64GB USB stick drive

Post your questions about free versions here, but no official tech support provide. Do not post bug reports or feature requests. Non-EaseUS related discussion goes in Hardware & Software Discussion and General Discussion

Moderators: EaseUS, Non-support moderators

Format exFat to NTFS problem 64GB USB stick drive

Postby sabathiel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 am

I bought a removable USB disk (64GB) but it is in exFat format. I cannot format it using Windows to NTFS so I tried my luck using EaseUS Partition Master Home edition. I first try to create a partition before I format but I cannot format to NTFS because whenever the format is successful it keeps saying used space 63GB rather unused space 63GB with whatever is left is unallocated. I can however format if the NTFS part is only around 4.5 GB partition. I can format all the way to 63GB if it is FAT32. Can anyone help me if I can format this removable USB stick drive into NTFS because I need it to transfer files larger than 4 GB? I tried formatting from exFat to Fat32 first and then to NTFS using EaseUS Partition Master Home edition or even Windows or the command prompt Convert E: /FS: NTFS but to no avail. Is what I am trying to attempt even possible using this software or any other software or method?
sabathiel

Re: Format exFat to NTFS problem 64GB USB stick drive

Postby JEfromCanada » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 am

Before you try formatting, have you tried to identify the existing partitions, and then deleting them?

Once you delete the existing partitions, you should be able to create new partitions and format them any way you want.

Give that a try.
JEfromCanada
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Re: Format exFat to NTFS problem 64GB USB stick drive

Postby sabathiel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:45 am

Well I have been going back and forward deleting partitions, creating partitions, formatting into various formats, and all sorts of other functions to play around with and I keep getting the same different results that I am not looking for. I have played around with it for hours sometimes even repeating the things I already done with some subtle differences hoping to get a different result. It seems that the usb stick drive cannot be formatted into NTFS and that is the impression I get from googling "convert exFat to NTFS". People keep asking the same question online and no one seems to be able to give a satisfactory answer that leads to success. Mind you this software has no feature to convert back to ExFat so I just use Windows to convert back to ExFat.
sabathiel

Return to EaseUS Software Discussion