EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows feature request

You can write down any suggestion with our product here. The Product Manager will reply you and consider them in new version.

Moderators: EaseUS, Non-support moderators

javaerb
The number in the middle: 24

EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows feature request

Postby javaerb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:52 am

Would be great if we could have something like the windows "previous versions" context menu, where I could right-click on a file and see a list of all backed-up versions in all the pbd files at backup location. (I use incremental backup). Being able to recover the file from there would be nice.

Thanks.

JEfromCanada
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Re: EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows feature request

Postby JEfromCanada » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:31 am

I agree there are times when dealing with a single file, that it would be good to see the various versions of the file. But, that would entail somehow keeping track of when files actually changed. For example, let's say a file was backed up as part of a FULL BACKUP and had not been changed since then, despite a number of followup incremental backups. Assuming that your suggestion is implemented, would you expect the selection of the file to show only one "available" restore point (the full backup)?

What I like about the current method of selecting a "point-in-time" prior to restoring data is that it affords a "consistent" view of the data as it was at a given time. This is important when files are "paired" (for example, a database file and its corresponding index file) and should be restored as a set.
EaseUS Todo Backup user - volunteer non-support forum moderator

Claud

Re: EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows feature request

Postby Claud » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Thank you for your post.

It is a good suggestion as it would be convenient to recover one single file from versions of images.
We are trying to improve the backup/recovery experience all the time and we'll certainly think about the requirement. But to be honest, I cannot promise when this feature will be added into EaseUS Todo Backup.
Product Manager of EaseUS Todo Backup

Return to “Discussion with EaseUS Product Manager”