Flash drive won't show up on EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Get help with using Data Recovery Wizard. Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Nvidia, Da-Boa

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 am

Hello

My problem is identical to what a poster on this ‘Support Forum’ had
except that what worked for him (restarting his computer) didn’t give me the same results.

http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t ... f14ef4812d

“I have downloaded and installed the EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition 5.0.1 and but when I run it only the drives on my computer (C and D) show up and not my flashdrive, which is what I need to recover. When I plug the flash drive in, Windows tells me that it needs to format so that it can be accessed. Any ideas?”

EASEUS Support Team E member suggested:

“If your flash drive can be recognized under Disk Management (right click "My Computer" and choose "Manage" -> "Storage" -> "Disk Management"), our product will also detect it without problem. “

Well, the flash drive is recognized under Disk Management but both 'Complete Recovery' and 'Deleted File Recovery' cannot detect the flash drive, However, 'Partition Recovery' does recognize this drive, although, when I run the recovery wizard the results come back with no data.

Does this mean that my data is unrecoverable?

I would appreciate any information offered.

Cordially,
Charles
Charles

Postby fortunewill » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 am

Dear Charles,

We are sorry for your problem.
For your flash drive, could you please tell us how it was damaged? Did you see any error message before it went wrong? You said " 'Partition Recovery' does recognize this drive, although, when I run the recovery wizard the results come back with no data", could you describe it in detail? Please tell us more information so we could help you better.

Please be sure not to change (overwrite/format/delete/other changes) anything on the partition which contains the lost data. Please install the software and save the recovered files on another partition which does not contain the lost data.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team P
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Last edited by fortunewill on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
fortunewill
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Charles » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am

Dear EASEUS Support Team,

Thank you for the timely reply. On the last time that the flash drive was used it was to copy some photos onto a CD. Nothing unusual had occured nor was there any error message. However, although, I am very careful about using the \\\"safely remove\\\" button every time I withdraw the flash drive from the computer, this instance has caused me to doubt if I actually did this. So I have to say that there is a possibility that I did removed the flash drive without using the \\\"safely remove\\\" button.

Not when I use the Partition Recovery this is the results I get:

Select a disk you want to recover and click NEXT:

DISK: USB FLASH MEMORY USB DEVICE
CAPACITY: 3.74 GB
INFORMATION: G:4GB (FAT32)

Intelligent Searching

Elapsed Time: Remaining Time:
Partition Tables: 0 NTFS Boot Records: 0
FAT Boot Records: 0 NTFS file Records: 0
FAT Folder Parts: 0 Files Identified: 0
FAT Folder Parts: 0 Total Files Found: 0

Select files and click NEXT to recover

Here under the \\\"Files\\\" column is a check box with an icon next to it with the words \\\"Raw Files\\\".

The next column: File Name File Size File Type Modification
is blank without any information. Whether I check on the \\\"Raw File Box\\\" or not, then click NEXT I get the same message: Select Files To Save Please.
Again, thank you I sincerely appreciate your assistance.
Charles
Charles

Postby Nvidia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am

Dear Charles,

Thanks for the further details.
According to the result of Intelligent Searching in the process, we assume that the file system on your flash drive was badly damaged, so our product cannot detect one file by its default setting. But please don’t worry, we have another method for you to adopt, it need to manually modify some setting, you can do as follow.

Choose "Partition Recovery", select the partition or device which you want to recover from, choose the "Option" above and uncheck all the items in the "FAT 12/16/32","NTFS","Common" page, then click "OK" to ensure it, program will return to device list page. Click "Next" to continue. After the ‘Intelligent Searching’, you will see one or more partitions; then select the high suggested partition and click ‘NEXT’ to recover. If it doesn’t work, please choose more partitions (max 4) at the same time to recover.
After searching, there will be the files list, select a file, click 'File Preview'; Unless file is corrupt, you can view it before recovery. (.doc,.docx, .xls, .xlsx .txt, .jpg, .bmp, etc. can be previewed).

If the problem persists after you try with above method, for further analyzing your situation, please send us the following 2 additional information.
1. Can you see the flash drive in your Windows explorer? If you cannot access it, is there any error message prompt?
2. Which version of our product do you use, trail or full? If it is trial, could you tell us you use demo or free?

Besides, you mentioned the flash drive is recognized in your Windows Disk Management, and our product cannot detect it which is very strange. So you still can connect the flash drive with different port or plug it to another computer to have a try whether our product can recognize it normally. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team F
Nvidia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

Dear Support Team F,

Once again I wan to offer my gratitude for your assistance.

I attempted, as you had suggested, using the Partion Drive OPTIONS in the above menu and unchecked all the boxes in the FAT 12/16/32, NTFS, Common with no success.

You asked me to provide you with more information to further help you analyzing my problem. First you asked:

1. Can you see the flash drive in your Windows explorer? If you cannot access it, is there any error message prompt?

I’m not sure what you are looking for here. When I click on MY COMPUTER the drive is recognizable as
Removable Disk F:
not as
Memorex
as it use to be. And when I click on it I get the following message:

You need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it. Do you want to reformat.

And, of course, I had sense enough not to format and the drive and lose my files.

I also found the same label (Removable Disk F:) in Disk Management along with the following:

Volume: (F.)
Layout: Simple
Type: Basic
File System: RAW
Capacity: 979 MB
Free Space: 979 MB
% Free: 100%
Fault Tolerance: No
Overhead: 0%

(F.)
978 MB RAW
(Healthy (Primary Partition)

However, when I go into Device Manager/ Disk Drives, the computer recognizes the Drive as
Memorex TD Classic 003C USB
. Then when I click on the Drive a window opens with:

Device status: This device is working properly.

Also, I do have to mention that EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard identifies the device as
Memorex TD Classic 003C 979 MB

Your second question:

2. Which version of our product do you use, Trial or Full? If it is Trial, could you tell us you use demo or free?

I was using EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition 5.0. Since you mentioned the Demo Version I decided to try that as well until I discovered that it was what I presumed to be an earlier version. I did, however, download EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard proffesional and the scan came back with the same negative results.

The following are other attempts I have made that may help you in your analaysis of this persistent problem.

I attempted to rename the disk and got the error message :

This drive is not formatted. You must format it before you can label it.
Changing the letter of the drive in device manager brought the same results:

You need to format the disk in in drive G: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?

The drive would not open in auto play or explore.

Tried the flash drive on different computers and in different USB ports.

Tested
Disk Check
and I got the same message that this could not be performed because the disk is not formatted. Would you like to format the disk?

I hope this information can help you to diagnose my situation for the positive but I have to be prepared to hear the worse as well.

It just baffles me that this device that has served me so well could just lose all the data just like that.

Kind regards,
Charles
Charles

Postby lovelyYY » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:46 am

Dear Charles,

Actually, you are using the newest version of our product. According to your situation, normally, you can see the RAW drive under the "Complete Recovery" mode of our product. So please go to check whether you can see the RAW drive under the "Complete Recovery" mode again. If you can see the RAW drive, please refer to the following link to recover the lost data:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizar ... -drive.htm

If you can only see the flash drive under "Partition Recovery" mode, could you tell us the file type of your lost files? You can go to the "Option" ->"RAW", and then check whether the file types of your lost files are contained in RAW file types. If the file types of your lost files are contained in RAW file types, please try the following method:

We suggest you try "RAW" mode to retrieve the files. Here is the method for you to adopt:

1. The hard disk(s) list will pop up after you run 'Partition Recovery';

2. Before you select a disk to start searching, click the "Option" button above, and then switch to the "RAW" page;

3. Tick the two checkbox "Recover RAW files" and "Recover RAW files only" and change the "maximal file size" to proper size;

4. Click "OK" to ensure, program will return to disk(s) list page, please select your external hard disk, and click "Next" to continue.

5. When it shows 'Quick Partition Searching', please click Cancel, it will show 'Intelligent searching', please wait till searching finished.

After the search process finished, the found files will be sorted by file types. You can use 'File Preview' feature to check your files (.doc, .xls, .txt, .jpg, .bmp, .docx, .xlsx, etc. can be supported to preview).

Because when using this mode, program will not depend on the file system of the partition, you need to identify your desired files and save them manually, sorry for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team G
lovelyYY

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 am

The RAW drive does not appear in the COMPLETE RECOVERY mode.

What I did not realize until I was asked to identify the type of files that were lost in the PARTITION MODE is that there is nothing there. It is blank.

DISK: Memorex TD Classic 003C USB…
CAPACITY: 979.00 MB
INFORMATION:

As for opening the OPTION button and checking the to checkboxes in the RAW page this was rather simple but I do not understand what is meant by changing the MAXIMAL FILE SIZE to proper size. 50000000 is the number that is indicated. I can see that I can change the number up to 2147483647 or down to 0 but I don't know what is proper.

It probably doesn't matter at this point as I am fairly certain that the FILE TYPE being blank is the reason the recovery is not working.

I guess my question now is, are there any options left for me or is my situation hopeless?

Thanks,
Charles
Charles

Postby rt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 am

Dear Charles,

You said "What I did not realize until I was asked to identify the type of files that were lost in the PARTITION MODE is that there is nothing there. It is blank. "Do you mean the file types of lost files are not contained in RAW file types? If yes, we are sorry to tell you that the "RAW" method can't help you, because it can only support these file types which listed in "RAW" page.

You mentioned "proper size". The 50MB is default size of found files, if the files are bigger than 50MB, our product will split them to 50MB. You may change this setting to fit for the actual size, but the maxima size is 2GB.

Meanwhile, if these two methods above fail to help you, our product can't help you anymore. Sorry about it. We are doing our best to improve our product.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
rt

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Thank you so much for your assistance to help me restore my lost data. Your efforts are truly appreciated. Although your product could not help my particular situation, I will pass along what I have found that EASEUS RECOVERY has helped many people that were faced with a similar problem as mine and how it has helped them to recover their valuable files.

As for me, the search goes on. At this point I am not willing to abandon my efforts to retrieve my lost or damaged files. If I do find a solution I will keep you posted.

All the best,
Charles
Charles

Postby M.Mao » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 am

Dear Charles,

Thanks very much for your support to our work.

No matter which method you used to solve your problem (our methods or others) at last, please tell us the result. This will be very helpful to improve our product. We truly hope you can recover your lost data.

Wish you have a good day!

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team E
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Same problem

Postby balajee1981 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi

I have exactly the same problem and my memory stick fails to show up in the Complete recovery mode. However, it shows in the Partition Recovery mode. But the memory capacity shown is about 31 MB while my memory card is 8 GB. I tried everything you have suggested before and there are files after the intelligent scanning.

I was wondering if you guys have figured out an answer to this problem. I purchased the DRW last night and I am unable to solve my issue despite paying for it.

Do you have a solution yet or will you not be able to help me?
balajee1981

Postby Maverick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Dear balajee1981,

This is a complicated case. You mentioned "there are files after the intelligent scanning. " Could you find the data you need in those recovered files? Can those files be opened normally?

To analyze this problem, please provide us more information. Then we can give you further advice.
1.How did you lose your data?
2.What is the file type of your lost files?
3.Have you done (use the computer, make some changes) anything on your original device (which contains the lost data) after you lost your files?
4.What is the exact edition of your operating system? (Plus the detailed version)

The more you tell us, the easier we can help you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team V
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Re: Flash drive won't show up on EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Postby usbtroubles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 am

Same problem. I have a ChipsBnk Flash Disk USB Device 8.00 MB. It was one of those free ones they give out at events. I have all my schoolwork on it and it's not backed up and I REALLY need it for school (lots of papers on there that I can't rewrite).

I have the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Trial. When I do Partition Recovery, it shows the "Removable Disk" (this is only for Partition--for Complete Recovery it doesn't show up). But when the Wizard does Intelligent Searching, nothing shows up.

Please help, I really need my stuff back. Thank you!

I can post a picture if that would help.
usbtroubles

Postby Da-Boa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Dear usbtroubles,

We suggest you try to recover again as the following procedure:
1. Please run 'Partition Recovery', uncheck 'Ignore bad sectors' option and click Next, select the device which you want to recover from.
2. Choose the "Option" above and uncheck all the items in the 'FAT12/16/32', 'NTFS', 'Common' page, and keep default in the 'RAW' page, then click "OK" to apply the change. And program will return to device list page.
3. Click "Next" to continue. It shows 'Quick Partition Searching'. Please cancel it; it will process 'Intelligent searching'. Please wait till searching finished. Then you will see one or more partitions; you should choose the high suggested partition first; if you cannot retrieve your lost files through the high suggested partition, please have a try other partitions below which have files/folders matched, you can select max 4 partitions at a time. And click "NEXT" to recover.
4. After scanning, please use "Search files" option, you can search the target files by their names, types, size and relevant date. (For example, you can type *.jpg and you will find all .jpg files.)
5. Identify all your desired files and save them manually.

How did you lost the data? What’s the file type of the lost data you desired to recover?

By the way, please be sure not to change (overwrite/format/delete/other changes) anything on the partition which contains the lost data. Please save the recovered files on another partition which does not contain the lost data.
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby usbtroubles » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I followed up to Step Three, but now I'm a little confused. I cannot go on when the program returns me to the device list page. It says: "Select a disk to recover please." I cannot see "Quick Partitioning Searching."

I'm not quite sure how I lost the data. I put my flash drive in my laptop and it just appeared as a "Removable Disk: You must format first." I mostly want to recover Word Documents (.doc/docx files).

Thank you again for your promptness and hard work. I really appreciate it!
Also, I found out you guys are from China. I'm from Hangzhou. :)
usbtroubles

Next

Return to Data Recovery Wizard