Can't find .iso files and Visual Basic Project files!

Get help with using Data Recovery Wizard. Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Nvidia, Da-Boa

Can't find .iso files and Visual Basic Project files!

Postby nickjuly4 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 am

I was trying to install Windows using bootcamp on a mac mini that had no CD drive and needed to create a boot device and it instead formatted my 320 GB portable hard drive instead of my flash drive. So I bought your software to try to recover my files, though for some reason none of the iso files or my visual basic project files appear to show up (I tried even searching) and the only data that shows up under "Lost" is the useless Windows bootcamp files I deleted, everything else shows up under "RAW files" and I don't see ISOs or Visual Basic project files in the category folders. Also some of the RAW files are just huge useless GZip files (I never even copied a GZip file to my drive once) that contain nothing more than an xml file or useless data or a typeless file with a strange name and pretty much filled the new 720 GB portable hard drive I bought to recover my files to.

I'm wondering if there any way to get my useful data back because I didn't pay for this software to restore the useless windows bootcamp filed I deleted or simple videos, word documents and PDFs, most of the files under those simple types I don't really care about. Also I highly doubt that all the ISOs and other non-simple file types were fragmented beyond recovery.
nickjuly4

Re: Can't find .iso files and Visual Basic Project files!

Postby merbleue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

Dear nickjuly4,

For further analysis, we want to know what have you done to the 320GB formatted drive after it is formatted.

And you may try again in this way:
1. Choose 'Complete Recovery', select the file types you want to recover, and then select the partition or device which you want to recover from,;
2. Choose the "Option" above and uncheck all the items in the "FAT 12/16/32","NTFS","Common" page, and keep the default setting in "RAW" page, then click "OK" to ensure it, program will return to device list page. Click "Next" to continue.
3. After the "Intelligent Searching", there will be one or more partitions; you can choose the highest suggestion partition. If it doesn't work, please choose more partitions (max 4) at the same time to recover.

Attention:
Please be sure not to change (overwrite/format/delete/other changes) anything on the partition which contains the lost data. Please install the software and save the recovered files on another partition which does not contain the lost data.
Ted
EaseUS Support Team
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
merbleue

Postby nickjuly4 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

merbleue wrote:Dear nickjuly4,

For further analysis, we want to know what have you done to the 320GB formatted drive after it is formatted.

And you may try again in this way:
1. Choose 'Complete Recovery', select the file types you want to recover, and then select the partition or device which you want to recover from,;
2. Choose the "Option" above and uncheck all the items in the "FAT 12/16/32","NTFS","Common" page, and keep the default setting in "RAW" page, then click "OK" to ensure it, program will return to device list page. Click "Next" to continue.
3. After the "Intelligent Searching", there will be one or more partitions; you can choose the highest suggestion partition. If it doesn't work, please choose more partitions (max 4) at the same time to recover.

Attention:
Please be sure not to change (overwrite/format/delete/other changes) anything on the partition which contains the lost data. Please install the software and save the recovered files on another partition which does not contain the lost data.

The only thing that was done after formatting was the Windows bootcamp files were put on it and I erased them.
nickjuly4

Postby merbleue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Dear nickjuly4,

How do you erase the Windows bootcamp files? Delete or other operation?

According to your description, you put these files on the drive after it was formatted. The iso and visual basic project files were probable to be overwritten by the Windows bootcamp files.

If we don't catch your meaning, please give us details about your operations after formatting. And also, you may try to recover with the method in our last post.
Ted
EaseUS Support Team
merbleue

Postby nickjuly4 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

merbleue wrote:Dear nickjuly4,

How do you erase the Windows bootcamp files? Delete or other operation?

According to your description, you put these files on the drive after it was formatted. The iso and visual basic project files were probable to be overwritten by the Windows bootcamp files.

If we don't catch your meaning, please give us details about your operations after formatting. And also, you may try to recover with the method in our last post.

I did a shift delete and I doubt if the visual basic and iso files were overwritten by the bootcamp files. The bootcamp files were less than 1 GB and I had several Gbs worth of isos.

Also could the file be inexplicably stuffed in a zip, rar, cab or other compressed file format? I did manage to find one of the isos stuffed in a rar file that it was never originally put in.
nickjuly4

Postby merbleue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Dear nickjuly4,

Did you find an ISO file you're looking for in a rar file? You may check the other compressed files to see if your ISO files are in them.

And please inform us of the result after you check them.
Ted
EaseUS Support Team
merbleue

Return to Data Recovery Wizard