CAB FILES?

Get help with using Other EaseUS products. Need help of EaseUS Todo Backup, EaseUS Partition Master, Data Recovery Wizard, please go in related forums.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Nvidia, Da-Boa

CAB FILES?

Postby Galaxis » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:38 am

Seems you don’t have access to “Browse root” from the bootable CD/ISO image, so trying to figure out where to get the CAB files (for all the products) in order to do the BartPE thing.
Galaxis

Postby rock » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am

Dear Glalaxis,

Sorry for the trouble.
Actually, only EASEUS Partition Table Doctor V3.5 and EASEUS Data Recovery wizard V4.3.6 can work with BartPE. You can download the .cab file from the following link:
http://www.easeus.com/winpe-for-data-recovery.htm

Could tell us what exact you want to do through our procuct?

Activity of free documents repair!
http://www.easeus.com/file-repair-servi ... repair.htm

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team O
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
rock

Postby Galaxis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey no problem man, thank you for the email!

Just as a little history, I was finishing install of Zone Alarm, it presented me w/ the option to scan my existing programs, then reboot; it got stuck during the reboot (maybe trying to sniff out boot sector viruses or something?). Then kept getting UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME blue screen (reason 0xC0000006). Rebooted from CD/Recover Console, tried to run CHKDSK /R couple of times as suggested for this problem; it would get at max 50% of the way through before reporting "1 or more unrecoverabe problems". Ever since then, when booting, I get the "something's wrong with your hard drive" msg, then I get the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I never tried the "FixBoot" command from Win Recovery Console.

Tried "GetBackData"s product (sorry, didn't see yours out there @ 1st!), but it only counted 63 of my 150M+ sectors/failed on the rest. I did notice that in GetBackData's "DiskExplorer" had the word "Invalid" across all but 1st of the sectors in the partition table, so it appeared I may have a corrupted partition table. I then enlisted your product. Tried the DOS boot disk ver of PTD, but couldn't find "Bowse root", which brings me to the current point (trying BartPE).

After including CAB files for both products, could get DRW to run, but not PTD via BartPE. I figured the partition table repair feature of DRW was bascally what PTD was doing (a "superset" of PTD functionality), so I kicked one off. I cancelled it abou 40 mins through, as it looked like to was going to take several hours to c omplete. I did this thinking "ya know, I haven't even tried 'FixBoot' yet; what if it works and I can boot w/out having to go through the partition scan/repair?"; I'd been hesitant because I didn't know what kind of damage it would do/how much it would limit my opportnity to try the other utilities if "FixBoot" didn't work if it wrote stuff to my disk.

So, I figred if "FixBoot" didn't work, I could at least use DRW and go back to the long partition scan/repair. So then I loaded the DOS boot CD back - and from rereading your documentation, saw that the drive had a red "X" next to it anyway - so I did a "FixBoot". It ran for a while, then hung onck on "PTD trying 14 sectors per cluster" and "please wait... 32%" (it started w; "8 sectors per cluster"). Since that didn't seem to work, I restarted the computer, and loaded up DRW again, started Partition Recovery again and it went into quick partition scan again (that looked like it would take such a long time before); to my surprise, from how fast it progressed in the beginning, it looked as though it would complete a lot faster than it did before the failed/hung "FixBoot" attempt - which it did.

It found the partition, said data quality was "High", but "Files/Folders" was "0", and no FAT or NTFS options were listed. I hit "Next", it presented a treeview "NTFS>RAW" and listed some generic files, but not even close to the # of files on the drive or named anthing like the old file names. What if these "RAW" types didn't cover the kinds of files you were looking for on the drive? Some i portant files I was looking for had nothing to do with the default file types listed. I don't even know why "RAW" files came up; does that mean it couldn't find the normal files? Sheesh. Anyway, I backed out of this screen since it wasn'r even close to the files I was looking for/files on the drive - then my "C:" drive no longer was showing up - either in "Complete Recovery" or "Partition Recovery"! I rebooted BartPE and the C: drive showed up again.

I then booted back up with the WinP ecovery Console and tried its "FixBoot"; that seemed to screw everything up! From there I tried to reboot with your bootable DOS CD, but got "BIOS cannot process interrupt 13 extensions" msg - and now, the BIOS won't even run!!! I can't get anything to boot. Times like this makes you hate Windows! Wha the hell did Windows RC "FixBoot" do?

Lost and confused. I guess my only hope now is to ship the drive off for hardware recovery (if that will even work!).
Galaxis

Postby microgood » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Dear Galaxis,

Thank you very much for your detailed description on your experience.
To avoid destroying the data once more, we strongly suggest you stop using the hard disk.
If the BIOS won't even run and you can't get anything to boot, there probably be some hardware failure. In this situation, we agree with you to ship the drive off for hardware recovery. The professional will help you to recover the data. Good luck!

Sincerely,

EASEUS Support Team M
microgood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Galaxis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks. I think the new boot sector "FixBoot" wrote did something to screw up the BIOS - probably caused a file system or drive size incompatibility (don't think it's a physical drive problem). I was gonna re-flash it to see if I could get it working again, but I think I'm just gonna send it off to Geek Squad.

Thanks for your help!
Galaxis

Postby Gordon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Dear Galaxis,

You may try to upgrade your BIOS with the latest driver and set it to default settings.
You may also connect this hard drive to another computer and check again, if it is possible.
Sending it off to the professional is another choice.

Activity of free documents repair!
http://www.easeus.com/file-repair-servi ... repair.htm

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team W
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Gordon
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jonpeter001 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:37 pm

The INF file is a text file that specifies the files (such as DLLs or other OCXs) that need to be present or downloaded for your control to run. An INF file allows you to bundle all the needed files in one compressed CAB file. By default, files with the same version numbers as existing files on the user's hard disk will not be downloaded. For more information about INF files and their options, including how to create platform-independent INF files, see About INF Files and Using INF Files in the Platform SDK documentation (in MSDN Library/Setup and System Administration/Setup/Setup API/Overview/Setup Applications).Cab files are compressed archives. The term "Archive" in this context means that the file may contain one or more files, or even folders, much like folders on your hard disk. "Compressed" means that mathematical techniques have been used to reduce the space needed to store the files, so that the size of the archive may be much smaller than the size of the files it contains. There are many different compression techniques in use today. "Cab" is the name given to a compression algorithm originally developed by Microsoft for packaging groups of related files in a space-saving way. It's short for "Cabinet", which quite neatly describes a container for a file or group of files. Cabinet files are mostly used by Microsoft and other software installers, so Cab files usually contain software components.
jonpeter001

Postby Maverick » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for the sharing.
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Return to Other EaseUS products