complete recovery not showing

Get help with using Data Recovery Wizard. Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Da-Boa, Nvidia, merbleue

complete recovery not showing

Postby cacky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am

I had an I/O error on 1 TB Seagate external HD. Tried to run chkdsk but said could not run because chkdsk is not available for raw drives. Drive was NTFS. I can see the drive but cannot access info on same. Downloaded your free Easeus Partition Master Home Edition and tried to recover my files. When running the software I cannot find the:

Click Partition Recovery > Complete Recovery

(Cannot find Complete Recovery option.)

Also cannot find the option "full scan."

How do I access these options?
cacky

Postby M.Mao » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 am

Dear cacky,

First of all, we can tell you that the differences between the Home Edition and the retail version are:
1.EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition cannot support the 64 bit system(including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 64 bit) and Server(including Windows 2003/2008 Server (32 and 64 bit), Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server).
2.EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition cannot create Bootable Disk.
3.EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition 5.0.1 only has "Partition Recovery" and other versions for 5.0.1 have two functions: "Partition Recovery" and "Complete Recovery".
Here is the link about Edition Comparison:
http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-pa ... rison.html
So if you want to recover your files from RAW drive, we suggest you use "Partition Recovery" to have a try. If it cannot help you, you can try the other versions and use the "Complete Recovery" to finish it.
By the way, if the partition lost and you cannot scan the files that you want to recover with "Partition Recovery", then you can choose "Full Scan" option.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on the forum.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team E
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby cacky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks for the reply.

<By the way, if the partition lost and you cannot scan the files that you want to recover with "Partition Recovery", then you can choose "Full Scan" option>

Is full scan supposed to show up on the home edition? I have never seen that option?
cacky

Postby lovelyYY » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Dear cacky,

If you lost a partition and you select “Partition Recovery” to recover your files, after “Quick Partition Searching”, you will see the lost partitions list, and on the top of the page, you will see the “Full Scan” option. If your lost partition didn’t appear on the list, you can click the “Full Scan”, and then click “Next”, this option may help you find more lost partitions. But if there is no lost partition on your disk, after “Quick Partition Searching”, the program will run “Intelligent Searching” automatically.

In your case, the partition of your external HD doesn’t lose. So in this situation, after “Quick Partition Searching”, the program will run “Intelligent Searching” automatically. This is why you can’t see the “Full Scan” option. After “Intelligent Searching”, you can choose the partition to recover your lost files.

If you really have lost any partitions, and you can’t find the “Full Scan” option, please tell us how did you operate our program step by step?

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team G
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
lovelyYY

Return to Data Recovery Wizard