Some application locked the service database

Get help with using EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, merbleue, zhihui

Some application locked the service database

Postby ims_user » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 pm

I keep getting this error when trying to open Partition Master:

Some application locked the service database, please close it before running EASUS Partition Master

This is straight after booting and not running any applications beforehand. It happens on every reboot.

Prior to this I had resized the 2 partitions on my hard disk to make my OS partition larger as it has 0 space on it. When starting up windows the software ran, but says it found an error on the operating partition. I had previous run the windows error checking tool and found no problems. I'm guessing its because there is 0 space on the drive, and have now read I need 5-10% free. The reason I bought the software was to increase the OS partition as I have run out of things to delete. All thats left is windows server and exchange, and there is nothing else I can delete.

I need to fix the 1st problem 1st, so as I can go into the software and run the error checking tool, to make sure its not a problem with the drive.
ims_user

Postby ims_user » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:25 pm

I have managed to fix the 1st part of the problem by plugging the server back into the internet. Not sure if that's related to EASEUS PM or some other services.

Still getting error even when just trying to move the large hard disk that has plenty of space.
ims_user

Postby Maverick » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Dear ims_user,

For your first problem, some applications automatically run when the computer booted up. I doubt the service may be locked by the application which was trying to establish the internet connection, when you were trying to start EASUS Partition Master. And I suggest you wait a few minutes, then try the operation again.

If there is not enough unused space in the OS partition, you could transfer some unimportant or inessential data to other partitions temporarily and get the enough unused space for resizing the OS partition. Or change the location of the page file for virtual memory to other partitions temporarily, if you set it in your OS partition.

After you fixed the first problem, did you run the “Check Partition” function in the product ? If not, please have a try. And please clarify the meaning of “trying to move the large hard disk that has plenty of space.”

And to extend the OS partition, please refer to this link for more information.
http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=18196
In order to ensure a smooth and successful operation process and data protection, please check this link before operating the partitions.
http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=18511

To further analyze your problem, please post the screenshot of your Windows Disk Management here.
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Return to EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)