EaseUs Watch

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

EaseUs Watch

Postby djoy88 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:39 am

When installing EaseUs Todo Backup 2.0 the startup item EaseUs Watch is loaded. What is the purpose of this item and is it required?
djoy88

Postby happyyoume » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 am

Dear djoy88,

Actually, the purpose of this item is used to create the schedule backup. If you have any further questions about our product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.
Sincerely hope you would enjoy our product.
Wish you have a good day.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
happyyoume

Scheduled backup not in Task Scheduler

Postby wiggers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:36 am

After installing TB-home, I made a quick backup which works fine. Next I tried to schedule a backup. I see that there is a background service running to execute the backup but I see no option to wake the computer from S3 sleep to start the backup. I looked in Windows 7 Task Scheduler to see if TB-Home had created a task there. If so I can modify the trigger to wake up the computer.
However I see no entry for the backup. I do see one for the windows based backup but I would like to stop that one and replace it with TB-Home. If there is no entry, can I create a task in the scheduler that has the same effect as using the TB-Home schedule function? It sure would be nice to have the computer wake up and do the backup while it is not being used.
Another related issue is that the computer must be stopped from going to sleep until the backup completes.
Resolving these two issues would make TB-Home my backup of choice and make windows built-in backup redundant for me.
Cheers,
Hans
wiggers

Postby happyyoume » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Dear wiggers,

We are sorry that there is no window which shows the schedule backup process. And our product cannot wake up the computer to do the backup. In your case, you can tick "If computer is shutdown, run missed backup at system startup" option when you do the Backup schedule settings.

Besides, our product cannot shutdown the computer automatically when back up complete for now. You should shutdown the computer manually. Sorry for the inconvenience. And we will work hard to improve our product in the future.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
happyyoume

Postby willemijns » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

can this euwatch can be loaded only when we plan to createsheduled backups coz it is a waste of memory :-(
willemijns
Groupie
Groupie

command line interface

Postby wiggers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 am

It would be so much easier if there was a command line interface as well as the GUI. That way ToDo could be called via Task Scheduler and no separate service would be needed. No tying up memory either.
wiggers

Postby happyyoume » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:51 am

Dear willemijns,

We are sorry that it will be loaded automatically when install our product. And we will work hard to improve our product in the future.

Hi, wiggers. Thanks for your suggestion.
If you have any further questions about our product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
happyyoume

Postby willemijns » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:41 am

happyyoume wrote:Dear willemijns,

We are sorry that it will be loaded automatically when install our product. And we will work hard to improve our product in the future.

i hope in the future i will not have programs in memory i do need ^^ same comment for agent.exe
willemijns
Groupie
Groupie

Postby happyyoume » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Dear willemijns,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will work hard to improve our product in the future.
If you have any further questions about our product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
happyyoume

Postby jcuervo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 am

I just posted a message in this forum the other day about only running services when you launch Todo Backup. My ideal backup situation would be to have different icons (batch files?) for different backup sets that I could use to do manual incremental backups at the end of a recording session. If the EASEUS Agent and EUWatch are only for scheduling backups, then it would be nice to implement a manual mode that doesn't require these services to always be running. Also, I don't need to copy in-use files, so an option to shut off VSC would be nice too. Just a few suggestion. Thanks.
jcuervo

Postby rt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 am

Dear jcuervo,

Thanks for your suggestions.
We will value them and submit them to our program development department.
Wish you have a good day!

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
rt

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)