Copy disk in WinXP

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Copy disk in WinXP

Postby gsanta » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:42 am

I have WinXP and lot of programs installed on my HDD, now i buy new bigger hdd and want to copy all programs (including WinXP) from old to new HDD. I use lot of tricks but nothing help, when new HDD loading, WinXP not loading, just appear DOS command promt. Please advice what i have to do. Thank you.
gsanta

Postby administrator » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:58 am

What tricks? Did you try ghost or EASEUS Disk Copy? Or the install disk at master hd?
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nomy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi, does the new harddisk can be recognized in BIOS? Or you can have a check on the options about HD type settings.
nomy

Postby ericdesouza » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Method 1: Perform a clean install of Windows XP
A clean installation consists of removing all data from your hard disk by repartitioning and reformatting your hard disk and reinstalling the operating system and programs to an empty (clean) hard disk. For more information about important things to consider before you partition and format you hard disk and how to partition and format your hard disk by using the Windows XP Setup program, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
313348 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348/ ) How to partition and format a hard disk by using Windows XP Setup program
To perform a clean installation of Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Back up all important information before you perform a clean installation of Windows XP. Save the backup to an external location, such as a CD or external hard disk.
2. Start your computer from the Windows XP CD. To do this, insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.

Note To boot from your Windows XP CD, the BIOS settings on your computer must be configured to do this.
3. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD.
4. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
5. Read the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then press F8.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where you want to install Windows XP.
7. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP Setup.

If you have successfully installed Windows XP, you are finished. If these steps did not help you install Windows XP, go to the "Next Steps" section.
ericdesouza

Postby M.Mao » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

We think ericdesouza is right. If anyone meet similar problem, we think you can refer to ericdesouza’s suggestions and have a try.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team E
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby tonypulis0 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Really your working tips is amazing, I appreciate your tips and tricks . I'm sure i will try this one in my future. Kindly keep update , i would like to come back here again. thanks !!
tonypulis0

Postby rt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Dear tonypulis0,

Thanks for your praise!
If you have any problem about our product, you can contact us at your convenience.
rt

Postby jonnyj99 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Source has already held by a handful of software for disk cloning, which is useful for backing up data by making a copy of the disc rigido.Il similar solution to this problem is to clone the old hard drive. This method is to use the software to make exact mirror image bit-by-bit hard disk around the old system, so it can be transferred to a new hard drive.
jonnyj99

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby georgemandela » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Img There ia need to make the boot disk. How long you need the disk to resolve the problem? I have a copy of the img file, which has been tested to ensure it works. All thevother ways to make a copy of the installation CD is fine, but if it wont auto-run the img file is all you need.
georgemandela

Postby rt » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:30 am

Dear georgemandela,

We are sorry that we can't quite understand your content.
Could you tell us what operations you want to do? Please tell us the detailed information about your problem so that we can help you better.
rt

Ford Figo

Postby carfigo1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes I agree, Thank you for the useful information.
carfigo1

Postby fortunewill » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 am

Thank you for your suppor, enjoy here!
fortunewill
Expert Member
Expert Member

Backup Software

Postby carh20 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes I agree, Thank you for the useful information.
carh20

Postby Maverick » Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Fine.
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Next

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)