Backup and schedule

Post your questions about Free Edition here, but no official tech support provide.

Moderators: EaseUS, Non-support moderators

phenrotay

Backup and schedule

Postby phenrotay » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 am

Running 9.2 free edition on a test machine for a friend to demo the product (I have myself V10 workstation on a production machine)
If I schedule a system backup :
- the backup does not start unless I am logged in
- if the backup is running and I log off (and log in as another user), the backup is killed

is this normal behavior ?

Added : on this machine, fast user switching is disabled

Pierre

JEfromCanada
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member
The number in the middle: 24

Re: Backup and schedule

Postby JEfromCanada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 am

On the scheduling screen, you need to scroll down to the very bottom to see the area where the username and password are prompted. These are needed to wake the machine and login the user. Make sure you provide an administrator's credentials. Even if there is no password, the administrator's user name must still be provided.

I don't think you're supposed to be able to actually log off the user during a backup. Switching to another user without logging off might work, but logging off basically terminates all processes.
EaseUS Todo Backup user - volunteer non-support forum moderator

phenrotay

Postby phenrotay » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Admin credentials are filled (user + pwd).
But the scheduled job does never start unless that user is logged in at the time the backup should start (if so, starting manually does the job as well !).
And the backup process aborts when the user logs off.

My understanding was that scheduled backups were running as service.

FcaeBuok
The number in the middle: 24

Postby FcaeBuok » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I want to add to the OP query that --------

When the backup is killed, incomplete/damaged backup remains in the backup folder And when next schedule runs, new incremental is created BUT incomplete/damaged backup remains in the backup folder, wont it affect restore?

I think Todo should check the previous backup operation was successful or not before creating new incremental And if previous backup was failed/cancelled/incomplete/damaged for any reasons, new incremental should replace it.

I have tested Todo quite a few times & failed/cancelled/incomplete/damaged backups always remain in the folder/chain & are not replaced removed BUT new incremental is created, wont it affect restore operation?

Experience was same with Todo Home & Workstation

Other imaging like Macrium, Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE remove/replace, failed/cancelled/incomplete/damaged previous incremental with new incremental in the next schedule run.

Return to “EaseUS Todo Backup Free Edition discussion (for free users)”