We are sorry for your problem.
You said" I had Partition Magic Home Edition installed on my laptop", please tell us whether you use our product EASEUS Partition Master, because our product is EASEUS Partition Master not partition magic.
In your case, if you use our product EASEUS Partition Master, we suggest you try the solutions below:
1. Press Start ->Run, input “%systemroot%\system32”, and click OK.
2. Please check whether there is a file named “epmntdrv.sys”? If there is not, please run “setupempdrv03.exe” in the same directory.
3. If it still does not work, please shut down all other applications (include anti-virus software and firewall) and then re-install our product.
If it failed again, we suggest you do as below:
1. Press 'start' - 'run' - 'regedit'.
2.Find the path:
3. Find the Value name 'ImagePath' and check it Value data whether is
'\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\epmntdrv.sys'. If not, please change it.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Run our product again.
If it doesn't work, please try this:
1. Press Start->Run, input “regedit”, and click OK
2. Please find the following item:
Then you can see the key named Start in the list. Change the value of Start from 3 to 1. Then press OK.
3. Reboot your computer and run our product again.
Please tell us the result.
EASEUS Support Team Z
EASEUS Customer Support Center: