Disk or Partition not listed

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Disk or Partition not listed

Postby kevcar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:09 am

Installed on server 2000. No disks are listed. Tried using the backup with the temp path set to a network location. No disk or partitions are listed to select. Does it work with 2000?
kevcar

Postby Yang Bo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Dear kevcar,

We are sorry for your problem.

This free backup software supports Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
The network location can’t be chosen when you reset the temp path to the network. Because EASEUS Todo Backup doesn’t support to set the temp path to the network temporarily.
You mentioned "No disks are listed", did you said EASEUS Todo Backup cannot recognize your hard disk? if so, please send us the screenshots of both our product and windows Disk Management? (To find Disk Management: right click 'My Computer', choose 'Manage', then 'Storage', click on 'Disk Management')

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Z
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Yang Bo
Groupie
Groupie

No partitions or hard disks to backup

Postby londondweller » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 am

I have only become aware of EASEUS through a search on Google. I must say, I am impressed with how lively your forum is, and how quickly you reply to your users' queries.

I have the same problem as the previous post. I am running a Windows 2000 Server, service pack 4. I have just installed Easus Todo Backup 1.1 for the first time, but when I select Backup, the Select Partitions and Hard Disks to Backup table is empty.

I have two drives, one with a single partition, and the other with three partitions. All four partitions are NTFS, and show in Windows Disk Manager.

There are no problems with the computer at all, and it backs up perfectly well with BackupExec. It does have the BackupExec agent installed. Could this interfere with EASEUS Todo?
londondweller

Postby microgood » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 am

Dear londondweller,

We are sorry for this.
Yes, please close all other applications (include antivirus and firewall) when you run EASEUS Todo Backup.
So we suggest you close BackupExec and try again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
If it does not work, please send us the screenshots of both our product and Windows Disk Management. You may attach these pictures as an attachment when you reply. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team M
microgood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby londondweller » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am

Thank you for your prompt reply, microgood.

Even after disabling BackupExec and Antivirus, I get the same problem. Please find attached snapshots as requested.

Thank you

L
Attachments
easeus.gif
Easeus Backup cannot find any drives or partitions
easeus.gif (29.84 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
dm.gif
Disk Manager correctly identifies drives and partitions
dm.gif (11.21 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
ver.gif
Windows 2000 server version information
ver.gif (13.25 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
londondweller

Postby P » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:43 am

Dear londondweller,

Having analysis of your case, we think the driver of EASEUS Todo Backup haven't been installed successfully, you should reinstall EASEUS Todo Backup. In order to ensure the driver will be installed successfully, while EASEUS Todo Backup is installing, please keep all other unnecessary applications (include antivirus and firewall) closed.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team P
P

Postby sanjay0501 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:42 am

Hi, something very weird has happened. I had Partition Magic Home Edition installed on my laptop and was quite happy with the product and have resized my partitions also without formatting, thanks for an excellent product.
But today I downloaded the Pro version and when I installed it and in the process uninstalled the home edition, I cant see any disks/patitions in the pro version.
I had firewall and AV which I closed down and again tried to install bu the same thing is happening. Checked disk management also shows all the 3 partitions to be healthy. can somebody please figure out what i did wrong?
sanjay0501

Postby Yang Bo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:27 am

Dear sanjay0501,

We are sorry for your problem.
You said" I had Partition Magic Home Edition installed on my laptop", please tell us whether you use our product EASEUS Partition Master, because our product is EASEUS Partition Master not partition magic.
In your case, if you use our product EASEUS Partition Master, we suggest you try the solutions below:
1. Press Start ->Run, input “%systemroot%\system32”, and click OK.
2. Please check whether there is a file named “epmntdrv.sys”? If there is not, please run “setupempdrv03.exe” in the same directory.
3. If it still does not work, please shut down all other applications (include anti-virus software and firewall) and then re-install our product.
If it failed again, we suggest you do as below:
1. Press 'start' - 'run' - 'regedit'.
2.Find the path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\epmntdrv
3. Find the Value name 'ImagePath' and check it Value data whether is
'\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\epmntdrv.sys'. If not, please change it.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Run our product again.
If it doesn't work, please try this:
1. Press Start->Run, input “regedit”, and click OK
2. Please find the following item:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\epmntdrv
Then you can see the key named Start in the list. Change the value of Start from 3 to 1. Then press OK.
3. Reboot your computer and run our product again.
Please tell us the result.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Z
Yang Bo
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sanjay0501 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 am

Hi,
First of all sorry for using the name Partition Magic instead of Partition Master.

Thanks for the very prompt and totally thorough walkthrough.

My system32 directory already had an epmntdrv.sys file but when i went to the registry couldnt find the epmntdrv folder, so went and ran the executable setupempdrv03.exe and ran the software again and voila it worked and now the rregistry folder was also there.

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate your effort, going out of your way to help somebody who is using your product for free and that too on a weekend.

Hats off to you guys and your professionalism.

Appreciate it a lot.

Sanjay Joshi
sanjay0501

Postby L.qiao » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 am

Dear sanjay0501,

We are glad to hear that you have solved the problem.
If you have any further questions about our product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.
Sincerely hope you would enjoy our product.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team N
L.qiao

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)