TODO Backup 1.0 couldnt coexist with COMODO Disk Encryption

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

TODO Backup 1.0 couldnt coexist with COMODO Disk Encryption

Postby matjo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello guys,

I have experienced that both TODO Backup 1.0 and COMODO Disk Encryption could not be installed together on a system.
I know that I was warned everytime whenever TODO Backup 1.0 is started.

Here's what happened to me.
When I tried to run TODO Backup to make a C: backup image onto another partition, it runs ok. The image created has no errors.

But the problem came up when I tried to mount back the image that has been created. TODO Backup just freezed for several seconds before my Win7 goes BSOD and my laptop restarted.

Can someone tell me why it happened? Just want to know the logic behind this matter.

Thanks in advance. :lol:
matjo

Postby Stellone » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Dear matjo,

I’m very sorry for your trouble.

1. Could you tell us about the details "ToDo Backup 1.0 and COMODO Disk Encryption could not be installed together“? Are there any error mesages when installing or using together?
2. Whether the partition you have backuped and then mounted encrypted or not?
3. Now, ToDo backup V1.0 and windows 7 are not compatible perfectly. At the end of this month, we will release ToDo backup V1.1. The compatible problem will be solved.
For these reason I advice you uninstall COMODO Disk Encryption if you’ve installed it. Then, please have a try to backup and mount with Todo Backup 1.0 .

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
EASEUS Customer Support Center
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Stellone

Postby matjo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:20 pm

hi, thanks for the reply.

my answer...

1. Actually, both softwares can be installed together. The problem was that TODO Backup 1.0 keep warning me about COMODO Disk Encryption is installed on my system and there will be problem with TODO Backup 1.0 to operate correctly. For further info, you may try to install COMODO Disk Encryption and start TODO Backup 1.0. Then you will see the warning popup by TODO Backup 1.0.

2. Nope. Never used that COMODO Disk Encryption that has been installed to enrypt any of my drive of partition. I uninstalled COMODO Disk Encryption when TODO Backup 1.0 gave me the warning.

3. Ok, thanks for this info about Win7 compatibility. Maybe the problem that I encountered will be solved in this release.

Thanks again for your help. :D
matjo

Postby Stellone » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Dear matjo,

When using TODO Backup V1.0, we suggest you shut down all the other applications (include anti-virus software and firewall) so that our program could work without any problem.
After EASEUS ToDo Backup V1.1 be released, please have a try. Thank you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
Stellone

Postby matjo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

TODO Backup 1.0 works flawlessly even when my antivirus and firewall are running.

I have several backup images that was made when both antivirus and firewall is on. Those images also can be mounted and explored succesfully.

The problem only happen when I installed COMODO Disk Encryption.

For a clearer information I suggest you guys at Easeus to install both softwares TODO Backup 1.0 and COMODO Disk Encryption on Windows 7 and see the warning window by TODO Backup 1.0. Then try to backup any of your partitions. After successful backup, try to mount it back using TODO Backup 1.0. Then you will see the BSOD and your system restarts.

Yeah. Will wait for new version. Thanks.
matjo

Postby Stellone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:19 am

Dear matjo,

Thanks for your suggestion very much. We will install both TODO Backup 1.0 and COMODO Disk Encryption on Windows 7 and test that. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
Stellone

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)