How long does it take to recovery partition ?

Get help with using EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, Nvidia, merbleue, zhihui

How long does it take to recovery partition ?

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 am

I installed partition master because my external hard drive information disappear ... partition master is recoverind data ... it has been working for 6 hours ... and it shows about 8 % of total.
disk is 320 gb ... is it ok ?? will last maybe 12 hours more ?
light on hard dirve shows that is working and keep adding amount on found files ... remainig time shows 90:35:20 but it does not work as a cronometer
Alex
Alex

Postby chrisssteeven » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi Alex,
I also have installed partition master but I do not have any problems in that and it was
completed in 2 and half hours. Sometimes it happens that it stops running further and
shows that working like in web browser sometimes it shows still working. You should
restart it, Then it may be works.
chrisssteeven

Postby yikemi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Dear Alex,

We have analyzed your case carefully. We think that the size of your hard disk is a little large and you need to recover lots of data. But normally it won’t take so much time as you mentioned.
We suggest you to shut down all the other applications (include anti-virus software and firewall) when running our product. It will make our program run faster.
You can check if our program running normally in the Windows Task Manager. Here is the method: Windows Task Manager (Ctrl +Alt+Delete) -> Process ->DRW0.exe, if the parameters of this item are changing, then our product running normally.
As the light of your hard disk is still blinking and our program keep adding amount on found files, we think our program is still working, we suggest you wait some more time to see whether the situation will be better, sorry to make this trouble for you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
yikemi

taking days to recover partition

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Is it ok if I turn off the smart search recovery ?
program is running , but according to the rate ... it will take 3 days to finish.
I could try connecting the hard drive in another usb connector, this one is usb1 and the other usb2 that should have more speed.
the program running on task manager is recovery master all other are off
Alex
Alex

recovered files AVI

Postby Alex » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 am

I cancelled the smart search , most of the files were recovered , they show as AVI some ... what program should i use to open ?
windows media player does not open them.
there are some word files ... but oppened small squares, showing that need to be converted.
Alex
Alex

Re: recovered files AVI

Postby L.qiao » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am

Dear Alex,

First, could you please tell us whether you had tried to connect the external hard disk in usb2 connector? You said that you cancelled the smart search, so we suggest you use the usb2 connector again to search and retrieve your lost files, then tell us the result.

In your words, you said that some recovered word files were opened small squares and showing that need to be converted, so could you describe it specifically?
To better analyze your problem, would you please tell us the following information?
1. How did you lose your data? Deleted, formatted, or others?
2. How many partitions did your external hard disk have? Which is the partition you want to recover data from?
3. What is the file system of the partition you want to recover data from, FAT16/32 or NTFS?
4. Can you access each partition after data loss? Is there any partition lost?
5. Have you done (use the computer, make some changes) anything on your original hard disk (which contains the lost data) after you lost your files? Where did you install our program in? Where did you save the recovered files?
6. What is the file type of your lost files?
7. How did you operate our program step by step, could you describe it specifically?
8. What is the exact edition of your operating system? (plus the detailed version)
The more you tell us, the easier we can help you.

Besides, you said that you cannot open the AVI file through the Windows Media Player, so we think your AVI file might had been corrupted or overwritten already.

Actually, sometimes files recovered by Partition Recovery function of EASEUS Partition Master could not open normally. This is because these files are badly damaged or corrupt. Overwriting, disk fragmentation, virus infection. All these factors may cause the lost data unrecoverable. MS Office files (word, excel, power point) and large file (video files) may have this problem most.

Attention:
Please don't do anything changes (overwrite/delete/format) to your partition/disk which you want to recover data from. And please save the recovered files to your partition which you don't want to recover data from.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team N
L.qiao

Re: taking days to recover partition

Postby minibeanil7 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Alex wrote:Is it ok if I turn off the smart search recovery ?
program is running , but according to the rate ... it will take 3 days to finish.
I could try connecting the hard drive in another usb connector, this one is usb1 and the other usb2 that should have more speed.
the program running on task manager is recovery master all other are off

hmm so its recovery master.. I just want advance speed.. that sit.
minibeanil7

Re: taking days to recover partition

Postby minibeanil7 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:15 pm

[quote=\\"Alex\\"]Is it ok if I turn off the smart search recovery ?
the program running on task manager is recovery master all other are off[/quote]

hmm so its recovery master.. I just want advance speed.. that sit.
minibeanil7

Postby lovelyYY » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Dear minibeanil7,

Normally, our product can recover lost data fast. But if there are too many files to be recovered, our product will take a little bit long time.

Our previous technical support engineer have analyzed why the recovery time is not very fast. The other possible reason:
If the there are some exceptions in the current sectors or files or there are some bad clusters, the scanning program will tell you it takes a long time. But after finishing scanning these abnormal sectors or files, the time will change and the scanning speed will be fast.

Attention:
Please don't do anything changes (overwrite/delete/format) to your partition/disk which you want to recover data from. And please save the recovered files to your partition which you don't want to recover data from.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team G
lovelyYY

Return to EaseUS Partition Master (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)