cant play my files ..please help

Get help with using Data Recovery Wizard. Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Nvidia, Da-Boa

cant play my files ..please help

Postby ninaad51 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,
I purchased the Full version of Data Recovery.
I tried to recover some files (saved them on an external USB so its not on the same drive where i lost it.)
The file recovered successfully but when i try to play the .avi file or .mp3 file nothing happens.

Please help
Thanks
ninaad51

Re: cant play my files ..please help

Postby L.qiao » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Dear ninaad51,

To better analyze your problem, would you please tell us the following information?
1. How did you lose your data? Deleted, formatted, or others?
2. How many partitions did you have? Which is the partition you want to recover data from?
3. What is the file system of the partition you want to recover data from, FAT16/32 or NTFS?
4. Can you access each partition after data loss? Is there any partition lost?
5. Have you done (use the computer, make some changes) anything on your original hard disk (which contains the lost data) after you lost your files? Where did you install our program in?
6. How did you operate our program step by step, could you describe it specifically?
7. Which module did you choose to recover your data?
8. What is the exact edition of your operating system? (plus the detailed version)
The more you tell us, the easier we can help you.

Sometimes files recovered by Data Recovery Wizard could not open normally. This is because these files are badly damaged or corrupt. Overwriting, disk fragmentation, virus infection. All these factors may cause the lost data unrecoverable. MS Office files (word, excel, power point) and large file (video files) may have this problem most.

Attention:
Please don't do anything changes (overwrite/delete/format) to your partition/disk which you want to recover data from. And please save the recovered files to your partition which you don't want to recover data from.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team N
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
L.qiao

Postby ninaad51 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

My system had stopped working so i did an auto recovery and it formatted my drive to factory settings.
I want to recover data from my C:/ (from my previous user profile)

I have 2 partitions and i have installed the software on the other partition D:/

It is NTFS

After formatting i installed some basic software like itunes, VLC media player etc and downloaded a few files. Your software is installed on D:/

Your program ..i ran the complete recovery tool option.

I have attached a picture of my system's details

After running the data recovery software initially, i could see my files. I recovered it to another drive (USB) ...it recovered successfully but when i opened the media file ..it doesnt play...
Attachments
OS.jpg
OS.jpg (62.6 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
ninaad51

Postby microgood » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Dear ninaad51,

We are sorry for this.
We think some data have been overwritten by the operating system and the operation on partition C. So it is hard to recover them.

We strongly suggest you do not use your computer from now on. Please connect your hard disk to another healthy computer as a slave disk and install our program on that computer to do the recovery.
If you cannot connect your hard disk to another computer, please do the bootable CD of Data Recovery Wizard on another computer and then use the bootable CD to boot your computer and do the recovery.
http://www.easeus.com/winpe-for-data-recovery.htm

For your case, we suggest you use ’Complete Recovery’ mode to do the recovery. If you cannot open the recovered files, please try another partition after the ‘Intelligent Searching’ and click ‘NEXT’ to recover again. Please refer to the following link:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizar ... tition.htm
In the step 4, you will see some partitions. Please try another partition.

Thank you for your cooperation and please tell us the result.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team M
microgood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ninaad51 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Could you tell me how to make my hdd a slave on another computer?
I have a laptop so im not sure how to do that
ninaad51

Postby ninaad51 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Also i purchased the single user liscence so wud it allow me to install the software on my other computer?
ninaad51

Postby lovelyYY » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 am

Dear ninaad51,

Solution of the first question:
You can take out the disk of the original computer, and use the disk as an external hard disk (using an USB enclosure) of the other computer.

Otherwise, you can also refer to our previous reply, create the bootable CD of Data Recovery Wizard on another computer and then use the bootable CD to boot your computer and do the recovery:
http://www.easeus.com/winpe-for-data-recovery.htm

Solution of the second question:
As you purchased the single user licensed, which can be used on one physical computer only. Once you installed the software onto one computer, you cannot install or use it on any other computers. Please follow our license rules. But as your situation is an exception, so you can uninstall the original program of your original computer. Then, download our product and install it on the other computer.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team G
lovelyYY

Return to Data Recovery Wizard