Copy-on-write mechanism error

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Copy-on-write mechanism error

Postby skister » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi,
I am trying out your EASEUS Todo Backup Home 2.0 software on my Windows XP SP3 laptop. I keep getting a Copy-on-write error at about 30 minutes into the process. Upon getting this error, the backup is stopped totally.

I have tried many times but it fails each time. The settings I used were…
Backup full drive (It is my C drive… 60GB Capacity, Occupied is 12 GB)
Compress Medium
Backup Now
High Priority to Back up

No other additional settings are enabled. I have disabled my screensaver and Windows Update before starting this. I kept power settings to Always On to prevent disturbance to the software. Avast Antivirus is disabled. Back up is being made to an external (USB2.0) hard disk with 300GB extra space. However it still doesn’t work.

I am a long -time fan of your Partition Manager Software and was hoping this software would be just as good as that. But I am disappointed.

Please advise.

Regards,
s
Attachments
Easeus error.png
Screenshot of the error
Easeus error.png (157.29 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
skister

Postby happyyoume » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Dear skister,

We are sorry to make this trouble for you.
We'll submit this error to our program department for analyze and reply to you as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions about our product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team S
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
happyyoume

Postby skister » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 am

I eagerly await your reply.
skister

Postby rt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Dear skister,

We have replied you in email.
Please check and receive it.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team Q
rt

Postby gb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 am

Hi RT,

Great products, however I too have had the same problem with ToDo Backup 2 (released version).

\\\"Copy-on-write mechanism\\\" would love to be able to get a backup please.

Can you please advise.

Thanks
GB
gb

Postby zhihui » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Dear gb,

We are sorry for the problem.
For further analysis, we suggest you send us the 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog'. You can find them under 'bin' folder in the installation directory of our product.

In addition, we suggest you don't set 'Compression' and 'Priority' option in our product to have a try and tell us the result. If you still can't solve this problem, please confirm that you backup your data to network or local directory, if you didn't backup your data to local directory, we suggest you try to backup your data to local directory and tell us the result.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team O
zhihui
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby M.Mao » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:16 pm

gb wrote:Hi RT,

Great products, however I too have had the same problem with ToDo Backup 2 (released version).

\\"Copy-on-write mechanism\\" would love to be able to get a backup please.

Can you please advise.

Thanks
GB

Dear Gb,

We find a method may solve the problem you encountered. We suggest you copy the files ('BPVolume.dll' and 'HotDrv.dll') we attached in this reply to 'bin' folder in the installation directory of our product.

After that, you can try to do your previous operation again. If you still encounter same problem, please send us the 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog'. You can find them under 'bin' folder as well.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team E
Attachments
copy-on-write.zip
(85.12 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Last edited by M.Mao on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Dear Support Team

Postby dsjs1081 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 pm

I am having the same problem with the "Copy-on-write" error that the other posts are having as well.

For me, it is occurring with about 30 seconds left in the backup process. I have attempted to install the new files that were in the attachment, but to no avail.

Please advise any other possible solutions.

Thank you!
dsjs1081

Postby zhihui » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Dear dsjs1081,

Thank you for contacting us.
For your problem, do you mean that you have tried to replace the 'BPVolume.dll' and 'HotDrv.dll' files and still can't solve your problem? If yes, after you replace the files and get this problem, for further analysis, please send us the 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog'. You can find them under 'bin' folder in the installation directory of our product.

After we receive these details, we will do our best to analyze this problem.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team O
zhihui
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Copy-on-write mechanism error - after update the 2 dll files

Postby jsrunder » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 am

Hello...

I am glad to have found a post relating to the exact errors I get also.

I have replaced the "BPVolume.dll" and "HotDrv.dll" files as suggested in this thread. Thank you for the files and recommendation. Of course I backed up the originals first.

After replacing the two dll files, I attempted another disk copy and I still received the Copy-on-write error, also just about thirty minutes before expected to finish copy.

I have rebooted and am going to try another disk copy.

I would upload the easeus.log and TbLogsysClient.tblog files to this post in hope to get a read, but it seems to time-out on the easeus.log file and reported that the tblog file is not allowed.

Thanks in advance for support.

J
jsrunder

Postby M.Mao » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Dear jsrunder,

We have updated the patch in this topic and you can re-download it in our previous reply (Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 am by M.Mao). After you replace the original files using the new patch, please have a try again.

If it still doesn't work, please make sure you have completely closed our product, and then send us the 'easeus.log' and 'TbLogsysClient.tblog' for better analysis.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team E
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

copy-on-write error after updated dll files added - still

Postby jsrunder » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:17 am

Hello,

Thank you for providing updated versions of 'BPVolume.dll' and 'HotDrv.dll'.

I would gladly upload the two files for you to review, but the easeus.log file is now 18MB, and the extension 'tblog' doesn't appear to be an allowed file extension, per the 'Allowed Extensions and Sizes' link below.

Else?

Thank you much, again...

J
jsrunder

Copy-on-write error

Postby Oscar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with EASEUS TBH 2. I've already copied the files attached in this thread but I still get the error. What else can be done?
I'm running windows 7 32bit

Thanks in advance.
Oscar

Postby Nvidia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Dear Users,

We have update these 2 patch files, please download the latest ones in this post and try to resolve the Copy-on-write trouble.

For jsrunder, if the easeus.log file is too large to send, you may just zip it, and then send it to our support email: support@todo-backup.com. Oscar may send the required file to this mail box too if you still have this trouble after these files replaced. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team F
Attachments
Copy-on-write.zip
(85.04 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Nvidia
Expert Member
Expert Member

easeus log

Postby Oscar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:30 am

Hi and thanks for your reply. I changed again the files in the bin folder, opened the program and tried to make a backup but I still got the error message, but not only that. After restarting the program when I click on any of the options (backup, restore, tools, etc.) a windows pops up with the message \\\"Open pipe failed\\\"

I\\\'m sending the logs in a zip file. Hope this helps to solve the problem.

Thanks.
Oscar

Next

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)