Disk Copy - is there a (Bad Sector) limit?

Get help with using Other EaseUS products. Need help of EaseUS Todo Backup, EaseUS Partition Master, Data Recovery Wizard, please go in related forums.

Moderators: EaseUS, M.Mao, Nvidia, Da-Boa

Disk Copy - is there a (Bad Sector) limit?

Postby Unit1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:21 pm

First- Thank you for your product AND for supporting it!
I have search/read all posts on this forum before posting.

Question: Does Disk Copy have a pre-set limit of Bad Sectors that it will accept during a copy process? After reaching this limit, will it abort and return to the initial start screen? Is there a way to change this limit?

---------
Problem description:
I am attempting to copy a failing drive to a good drive for further data recovery. After starting the copy process in "Quiet mode", I return a few hours later to find it back at the initial Disk Copy screen. There is no information present about the results of the previous copy process.
Upon inspection of the destination drive, almost no data has been copied.
This entire procedure was retried a 2nd time.
---------

I know for certain there is a large amount of data accessible over the majority of the bad drive, however, there are numerous bad sectors at the beginning.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank You,
Unit_1
Unit1

Postby Eric_zhang » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Dear Unit1,

Normally, it does not abort the mission automatically. In your case, we suspect there are too many bad sectors in the hard disk. Please use a third party hard disk tool to check the disk health, like this one, HD Tune. You can download it here.
http://www.hdtune.com/download.html
After have a check, please tell us the result.

Sincerely,
EASEUS Support Team D
EASEUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Eric_zhang

Return to Other EaseUS products