Failure to connect to network drive

Get help with using EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users). Please do not post problem of other software here.

Moderators: zhihui, EaseUS, Nvidia, Kenn

Failure to connect to network drive

Postby ndastar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am

Environment Description:
One "server" pc called BOZO, running Win 7 64 Home Premium with EaseUS 3.5. It has one drive 640GB, partirioned into C and D. D partition contains a directory called ACERnet that contains two EaseUS initial full backup files: one called ACERDisk the other ACERData.
My local network in using "Workgroups" with a home network setup as follows:
* Turn ON network discovery
* Turn ON File and Print Sharing
* Turn ON sharing so anyone with network access can read and write Public folders
* Media streaming is on
* Use 128-bit encryption
* Turn OFF password protected sharing
* Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections

Users defined: BOZO (administrator), Guest (default), ACERNET; All without passwords

Drive D and directory ACERnet shared by: ACERNET, Everyone, and Guest with Read/Write access

Client PC:
ACER notebook called ACERNET with User / Administrator ACERNET and no password. It runs WIN 7 64 Home Premium and EaseUS 3.5.
Using Windows Explorer, I am able to accces thru my home network the BOZO pc and all of its partitions, directories and files, without having to input any usernames or passwords.

Initially I created the two backups on the HD of BOZO by removing the HD from BOZO and attaching it directly to ACERNET via USB. Then, I reinstalled the HD in BOZO.
I want to edit the path in ACERNET of the two backups to reflect their new location. I perform the following on ACERNET:

1. Home - Backup Management
2. Click EDIT on one of the two backups that show on the next screen
3. Click LOCATION Tab - An explorer like window opens containing among other things "Computer" and "Network"
4. Click on Network and my workgroup shows under it.
5. Clcik on the workgroup and I get a tree of all the PCs in my network, including BOZO.
6. Click on BOZO - Long "Please Wait" screen and then the message: Falied to log on the network (probably wrong username and password)

Based on some other threads here, I have tried to attach the two log files you seem most likely to ask: easeus log and TBLogsysClient but they are too big according to this site's message (max 256 KB actual 555 KB)

Thank you
ndastar
ndastar

Postby Zig » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Star,
The files must be zipped before they will be accepted for uploading.

Zig
Zig

Postby Maverick » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Dear ndastar,

You can compress and send the log files to support@todo-backup.com.

Sincerely,
EaseUS Support Team V
EaseUS Customer Support Center:
http://www.easeus.com/support.htm
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby ndastar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 am

Great, I have already done this.
ndastar

Postby Maverick » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:57 pm

We have replied you in the email. Please have a check.
Maverick
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Postby ndastar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm

I received your reply this morning in my email. What you are suggesting to do is to forget about the backups I alreasy have and create new ones directly via the network, knowing well (based on some other posts here), that full backups over networks can take very long time. Moreover, for the new backups, you are suggesting to input IP addresses manually. Do you think this is a reasonable solution that the average home user can execute?

I already backed up 4 pcs with over 400gb of data and 4 system images and I have spent well over 12 hours performing these backup having the backup drive connected directly to the PCs. Now you are telling me to throw all these away and start over again using the network (and god knoes how many days of backup time) and using some flaky method of performing these network backups that may or may not work.

Based on the log I already sent you, your software has received from the network the correct path to the data. Due to some bug, it chooses to ignore it and go to neverland resulting on an invalide path error message.

Do you have any plans on distributing a fix for this problem? Any timeframes? You have a very good product with what I would consider a rather serious bug and you should make the user community aware of this problem.

I appreciate your support team's prompt and courteous responses;I wished your software performed as well.
ndastar

Postby M.Mao » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Dear ndastar,

Actually, we are trying to locate your problem. If you can try the method we offered, it will help us find the solution better.

Since you already made the system backup to local device, you can just keep the backup images for normal use. Now we suggest you back up a small file to network for test. Then you can try our method and give us the feedback and log files.

Thanks very much for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
EaseUS Support Team E
M.Mao
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Re: Failure to connect to network drive

Postby matt_robi » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 pm

I have the same problem after with my network drive you can't seem to update the password in EaseUS 4.0 once the program has been setup.

OK I have it working now that I deleted my mapped network drive Z:\ and added it back using the IP and P:\ drive.

I noticed the path used in the easeus.log file was showing "CEnumFolder::GetPathFromNetMapDriver \\Cisco39074\goflex2tb is success" That should have worked but the user password could be be updated.

Z:\ -drive
\\Cisco39074\goflex2tb

New working path:
P:\ -drive
\\192.168.1.1\goflex2tb
Attachments
easeus.zip
TbLogsysClient.tblog
easeus.txt
(54.76 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
matt_robi

Re: Failure to connect to network drive

Postby Da-Boa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Dear matt,

Please notice that technical questions of free users will be not replied any more. You can send your question about Free Edition to our free user discussion forum: viewforum.php?f=27

Have a nice day!
Paul
EaseUS Support Team
Da-Boa
Patriarch Member
Patriarch Member

Return to EaseUS Todo Backup (for paid users or pre-sales questions only)